Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A good day

So.... it looks like my sister is officially going to be in a new language immersion school opening up this fall, to learn French. Exciting, but now I have to add that to my list of languages... and I really don't like French....

Went to the summer party thing today with Monmon, most of the people there were in business so there wasn't really anyone to talk to... There was a guy who spoke Chinese and did some sort of trade/cultural sensitivity stuff for his business, but he came off as a showoff-y jerkwad (proudly proclaiming, "I asked because I am fluent in Chinese," right next to a Chinese girl ahaha), so I didn't bother to ask him more about what he did. I was kind of intrigued, I have to admit. But I'm not good at these social mixing things, I found, where you have to strike a balance between getting the person to talk about themselves (all to easy) and digging through to that internship offer you really want to have. (In that respect I guess I missed a good chance, but oh well. This door I willingly closed on myself.) We left the party early (there was some REALLY good chicken, and beef that was delicious with a Thai peanut sauce spread on it), walked around the town a bit looking at all the closed shops (everything but restaurants, and I re-found a cool place to take a date, the basement of a restaurant called Miso - although getting the right spot (there are a few secluded ones) to make it more romantic could be a challenge) and eventually ended up at Straub's, looking at stuff from the bakery and fruits/vegetables like we hadn't seen them in months. :)

I started playing a gba game called Advance Wars 2, and was thouroughly addicted. I think, if I had to join the army, I would rather be a tactician giving orders from the back, according to strictly registered rules and statistics, and not just for fear of dying :P Anyway I stayed up almost all night playing the first stages of the game, experimenting and trying to find the hidden weaknesses of some of the units, even winding up finding a suped up version of one by accident, and promptly zombied my way through the first real day of my internship on a good hour or so of sleep. Then went to the party. Update list of the stuff I need to do coming soon.

Need to work on that problem some more. Stay at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment