Saturday, February 11, 2012

Return of the Kikokushijo!!

Bad pun, I know.

But just got the idea of looking for representations of kikokushijo in anime/manga, starting with my beloved Asuka (I'm getting more and more afraid to finish the series as time goes on, so I should make some way for it to be inescapable for myself...). Although, it seems like a lot of the characters are in fact stereotypical (tropes?)m so perhaps I should say innovative portrayals.

On the same note, my ideas of ibunka komyunicke-shon also extend to the different cultures within a given culture, basically through senmon yougo (specialized vocabulary) that develops through different groups. From computer programmers and scientists to dancers and artists and farmers (another reason I like gin no saji so much, gotta write about how awesome it is (and manga in general vs jun bungaku ("real" literature) later) have to communicate with each other using modified "foreigner english". I should find out what the term for that is.

But yeah. Ugh. Train of thought interupted.

http://maki.typepad.com/justhungry/2010/03/if-you-cant-speak-english-youre-a-loser-in-life.html

No comments:

Post a Comment