Sunday, September 20, 2009

Kindred Spirit

Hmm, since reading Chang's post the other day I've really been wondering what it's like to meet someone really like you, if not the same personality then the same kind of trying experiences regardless of how they were transformed by them (for some reason Naruto/Gaara comes to mind first -- is that bad, or just an orthodox childhood? [btw that last chapter killed my respect for Gaara's character development.... I'd rather forget I read that]). But anyway, just discovered something of a kindred spirit in that regard. What's upcoming isn't why, but proof that I have a long long way to grow to reach even a point probably long past for people my age. A little extra self-reflection makes room for growth though, huh?

"What I do know is I cannot remain as I am, bitter and entrenched by my memories and my pain. I do not want to live out my nightmares that plague me during the night. Life is too wonderful for that. God is too powerful and loving for that. I will see what I can do. I will change. I will grow."

No comments:

Post a Comment