Thursday, September 10, 2009

Last Thoughts

I'm about to leave for Japan.. still can't believe it's actually happening.

Kind of second guessing, wondering WHY I CHOSE THIS, why I am leaving behind so many amazing people. (Looking back at this blog, it's amazing how thoughts change over time; so there's still hope for me yet, and some situations I have found myself in, I guess.)

Every few hours or so I have been getting a wave of texts from friends old and new, close and still approaching, encouraging, well-wishing, saying goodbye. It's amazing how many of them give me the strength and conviction to go through with this, while at the same time creating an anchor for me back home, that at the same time makes it harder to leave.

Tonight's dinner party was great, and there were so many pictures taken. I am wishing everyone got to know someone a little bit closer tonight, and made a new friend; but most of all I am glad to have seen everyone together, brought my family a little closer to my life away from home, and maybe given my friends a new experience, hopefully something that they can look back on and cherish. I'm excited to hear all of the developments that come from my friends and family as the year goes by (I know it will be quick!), and I will try to use this to keep track of some things that are happening with me. Who knows, I might continue my path of don-don becoming a better person...

Now I need to run and pack, my flight is leaving really soon. My mom set an alarm and it is going off, interrupting my thoughts and forcing me to get to work. It's chilling, almost scary, that sound... and will keep going until I take care of it and everything else I need to be doing.

2 comments:

  1. good luck in japan! better be updating this thing regularly. WITH PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he actually got serious!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete