Sunday, September 20, 2009

Long time....

So I realized I haven`t updated in a long time... Still trying to remember and type out my first 4 or so days that I logged in note form on my cell phone, but that hasn`t had much progress... Still don`t have internet in my dorm either, so it`s a pain to even attempt lately, much less get pictures and etc.

Today I went to Harajuku, and aside from everything that happened, I realized two things. One, lots of girls in Japan really know how to dress. And two, unfortunately the way a girl dresses has a huge affect on my initial attraction for her; if I don`t pay attention, it`s easy for me to spin in circles in a place like here, to add onto the confusion I will already have just from being in a crowded place. Unless it`s legs (well and a couple other things maybe haha) though, I treat it as purely/mostly an aesthetic kind of appreciation. Face (ie prettyness) and age and sometimes sex don`t really matter for that category I guess; I found myself thinking a group of probably middle schooler`s haircuts were all really cool/fit their styles and outward personalities...

It`s interesting, really, thinking about clothes in a serious way like this for the first time (I usually just reflect on the lack of choice guys have in wardrobe and whether that`s a bad or good thing...). But yeah, enough for tonight. Tommorow is the SILS opening ceremony (yay?), I`m supposed to register for some classes or something, trying to finally get a phone, and finding that RA of mine to get my internet done. Hopefully everything goes smoothly, and even this plan I have to save some money by buying groceries works out. Banks are closed til Thursday so I`m testing myself and seeing if I can hold on to $100 by the weeks end; money goes way too fast in this town, especially fro someone whose pockets throw cash to the wind (BTW I HATE JAPANESE COINS. I`ve lost a lot of money to unreachable spaces underneath store cabinets and such... coins go up to $5 so they can be a big deal, unlike in the states. I bought myself a special wallet thing just for the coins in the beginning cause I was losing so much, but even that isn`t working so well to keep me on track...).

Also, I started watching Okuribito (Departures). So far the cinematography is wonderful. Only a half hour or so in but I want to finish it soon; also need to find some more Owarai, I can watch that stuff all day even when it`s not that funny. For some reason it`s got magic over me... Ok ok too much English for one day. (Wait! Chang! I wore my SOK shirt and people have been asking me about it all day :D Ok bye for real now haha).

2 comments:

  1. dude keep your coins in a pocket or something. i keep it in my backpack. tis all.

    ReplyDelete