Monday, October 5, 2009

Should be doing hw...

Finally sat down and finished Okuribito. Beautiful, beautiful movie. It left me with a deep respect for both the caretakers and the departed and now I kind of want to be buried that way... not sure if they still do it that way though, or if you can find someone that puts the same amount of heart into it, not just ceremony/ritual (although it's changed my view on the role of ritual as well...)

Some of the themes in the movie twisted my heart, and while I know things may not turn out all movie-esque it's making me wonder:

Can you ever truly forgive someone who has abandoned you? Not just forget or reach a point where you don't care anymore, but really, absolutely forgive?

For me it seems a faraway goal I'm not even sure I want to reach...

No comments:

Post a Comment