Thursday, November 19, 2009

Phoenix

So, just when I thought I had conquered it, culture shock rises again, is reborn in another form or maybe it's all the same and I'm seeing it for what it is now, I don't know. But I had always thought I was better than those people who had to be reminded they weren't in America anymore...

I talked to Tomi and she had to tell me, "You're not in WU anymore." and before then it hadn't hit me, but I've been trying to re-create my lifestyle back there over here, subconsciously or otherwise, in terms of everything from food to friends to activities... I never realized how much I had, how lucky I was to have come to WU -- I mean before I had, but this is another level, another way... -- until that moment. It was so nice to have someone to talk to about it though, the differences.

So I'm going to kill this one, too. Make peace with the fact and really follow my own advice -- I just gave some to a freshman friend here, will find and repost it later -- and get out and have fun like I'm supposed to be. Of course I'm happy that I'm here, have done what adventures I've done and met the people I have and realizing something I've wanted to do for the longest. It just... hurts a little more, thinking that I chose to come, I left, I did this by myself to myself...

But I have people here and way over there behind me, so I know I too, can save myself, turn this into something positive, rise from this depression. Wish me luck! I'm off to yoga for the first time hopefully for some reflection and relaxation.

1 comment: